Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Devlog 3: Raiders of the Bitmap Font

I planned on having a post up around last Wednesday, but I got stuck in a very strange rut and only yesterday on a plane flight to Colorado did I figure it out.

















This picture is a rough version of the character template I'll be using for the entire game. The feet have since been improved to look a bit more realistic, but other than that, I'm very pleased with it.










Besides the aforementioned character template and a whole lot of coding, general pixel art and tweaking, I've also started work on the game's bitmap font. It was originally going to be 3x4 per character, but I realized that was going to end up way too stylized and blocky for the game's aesthetic. I saved the smaller font, as I have use of it elsewhere, but the half-finished font above is the game's current version.

I could make a changelog for each version, but it would start getting very lengthy due to all the small graphical and programming changes I make basically every day.

Current To-Do List:

Write a pause menu (this is more a long-term goal at this point)
Create the walking animations for a couple characters (Current project)
Finish the bitmap font and integrate it into the game

No comments:

Post a Comment